Are you a dynamic teacher who yearns to do something different? Do you have a "knack" for writing to an audience of teachers who are passionate about all topics in education?
If so, you may have found your writing home at The Educator's Room.
We are the only website created for teachers by teachers and we're always on a quest to give a voice to our fellow teachers.
We are looking for enthusiastic teacher-writers to join our editorial team as a contributor to The Educator's Room. You will work closely with the editor-in-chief and other teachers to research, write and discuss topics in education.
As a contributor, you should be able to perform thorough research on various topics and have a keen eye for detail.
Ultimately, you should be able to deliver good quality content like news posts, reviews, and features all about education.
- Perform research on different topics in education- especially about topics of things happening in your classroom, school, or district.
- Use personal experience to write a story about what really happens in education.
- Uncover newsworthy stories by using your experience in education.
- Write content with teacher's needs in mind
- Ensure your pieces are told in the viewpoint of a teacher
- Contribute to content idea generation for publication
- Stay up-to-date with local, national and international education affairs
- Proven work experience as a certificated teacher, principal, or counselor from grades PreK-16.
- Be willing to submit at least one article per week.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search and databases)
- Excellent writing skills in English
- The ability to write honestly about what happens in a classroom using experience or research to support what you are writing.
- Good observation skills about the "hot button" topics in education and write about them in real time.